- Built-in support of various third party map tile services, such as maps.oracle.com, Nokia Maps, Bing Maps, OpenStreet Maps, and other mapping service providers.
- Rich client side rendering of geospatial data with on-the-fly application of rendering styles and effects such as gradients, animation, and drop-shadows.
- Autoclustering of large number of points and client side heat map generation.
- A set of built-in map controls and tools, including a customizable navigation bar and information windows, configurable layer control, and red-lining and distance measurement tools.
- The Map class is the main class of the API.
- The Feature class represents individual geo features (or FOIs as they were known in V1).
- The MapContext class a top-level class encapsulating some essential contextual information, such as the current map center point and zoom level. It is typically passed into event listeners.
- The control package contains all the map controls, such as navigation bar and overview map.
- The event package contains all the map and layer event classes.
- The filter package contains all the client-side filters (spatial or relational) for selecting, or subsetting, the displayed vector layer features.
- The geometry package contains various geometry classes.
- The layer package contains various tile and vector layer classes. The tile layer classes include access to a few online map services such as Oracle, Nokia, Bing, and OpenStreetMap. The vector layers are interactive feature layers and correspond to the MVThemeBasedFOI and MVFOI classes of V1.
- The infowindow package contains the customizable information windows and their styles.
- The style package contains styles applicable to vector data on the client side. It also includes visual effects such as animation, gradients, and drop shadows.
- The tool package contains various map tools such as for distance measuring, red-lining, and geometry drawing.
- The universe package contains built-in, or predefined, map universes. A map universe defines the bounding box and set of zoom level definitions for the map content. It is similar to a tile layer configuration in the V1 API.
- The util package contains various utility classes.
- The visualfilter package provides an interface for the various visual effects, such as gradients and drop shadows.
- The gv package contains global variables for configuration options such as resource paths or protocol (http or https) for requests.
OM.Map is the main entry class for all map operations inside the web browser. This and other classes provide interfaces for adding application-specific logic, operations, and interactivity in web mapping applications.